Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chix Littles are 2 months!


But, I lost one of the hen-lettes yesterday Sad smile  Out of the four, two came up roos, and two hens .. and of course, no one told the hen-lette that if she flew over the backyard fence, Lady (momma beagle) would catch her. And caught her she did ! Lady was excited to show me what she had under the lilac bushes.
2013 7.6 Flock and littles  Momma Hen that I gave the littles to raise at a week old went broody 3 weeks ago and I had given her a dozen eggs to sit. She’s culled a few and the other day she had 3 left, and hatch date is August 5th. So, this morning I checked her and she had gotten off the nest to drink so surprise – she’s got 5 !  We’ll see what hatches on Monday. I think this go round they will stay first week in the brooding pen, and by 2nd week into the crate.
Now, back to some work around the house as I hear thunder .. don’t know which way it’s coming from, but hey, I’m not going to complain!
I have to go back to elevate and ice the foot ~~

til next time …

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to share my adventures ~~