Thursday, August 15, 2013

Another graduation quilt ... 2013

It always happens. Even though I plan for a graduation, reminding myself about it, it's 'x' years down the road ... then, it's time. Oh no !! Quick, a graduation quilt ! This year was no exception. My 2nd cousin -- it was in May. And my surgery was too.

So, the answer ?  Purchase fabric, supplies and during week No. 5 of recovery .. sew! In a post last month, I showed you how this compass was built.  My cousin and I decided it needed compass points, and I do like how they add to it.


The compass has graced my design wall for the past few weeks as I have hobbled around. I got cleared to drive this week by the doctor and the walking boot was traded up for a very ugly orthopedic 'shoe' .. and now I hobble a bit differently.  But since I was in town, I took the quilt with me to Hobby Lobby and used the classroom to put the background across a few tables to be able to center the compass. 

Woo HOOOO ~~


 
 
The compass is pinned all the way around the edge and through the center. Now to iron it well and stitch it down. Then it's just borders..
 
I really like how this has come out ..
 
Back to the design wall ... stitch on ~~
 
Dee
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by to share my adventures ~~